Friday, December 30, 2011

The meaning and the vision for this blog

Romans 11:36 says, " For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen." I chose the last phrase of this verse because I believe that  a proper heart understanding of this verse should affect every aspect of the way we view our lives, the way we view other people, and most importantly the way we view God. I believe that our Father has one purpose in His world and that is to bring glory to Himself. Everything else that He causes to happen is subservient to this one end of glorifying Himself. In His providence He ordains everything that happens, good or bad, for the sake of the glory of His name.

What does that mean for the content and focus of this blog? It means that the content I write herein seeks to "Ascribe to the LORD the glory due His name (Psalm 29:2)." It means that when I ask you to pray for things for God's InterVarsity ministry at Lake Superior State University I am asking chiefly that you would ask that God be glorified above all else.

I am excited to begin the new near partnering in prayer with you and I am grateful for the love and care our Father has given me through your prayers and financial contributions. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment