Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Positive Direction at LSSU

Hey all. God has really been blessing His ministry at LSSU this semester. While we have not grown a lot in numbers many of the students that we do have are beginning to see the importance of reaching out in love to their fellow students. The students that we do have are really blessed by being a part of  the ministry at LSSU and I am blessed by having the privilege of serving them. I have found a few new students that I get to meet with to care for their spiritual lives.

The main reason for this entry is to ask you to pray for our upcoming out reach events this week and next week. During the Men's Bible Study tomorrow (Feb. 9) we are serving pizza to Brady Hall. We are hoping to meet new people in the dorm and build relationships with people we do not know yet with the hope of one day sharing our faith with them.

Please pray that God gives us hearts to speak his truth lovingly and boldly.

On Monday the 13th the Co-ed Bible study is handing out invitations to our Bible study and bookmarks that we made inviting the women of Osborne hall to our Bible study cookie night on the 14th. We hope to share the knowledge of God's love with students on the day of love.

Please pray that God would prepare hearts to hear His Gospel message and that we would be faithful to preach it.

Please pray that Anchor House as a whole would have hearts that expect God to move in big ways.

On a personal note... I have until recently been experiencing some residual pain in my kidneys even though the stone I had passed. For a while it was quite difficult to get to sleep. God faithfully worked through the prayers of many to relieve my pain. He also has been blessing me in other ways. I have become more involved in my church up here, Rudyard Christian Reformed Church. It has been a blessing to be discipled by the Pastor there and to be getting to know some of the congregation. It means a lot to have a church that is behind what God is doing through me up hear. I have also really been blessed by my one-on-one meetings with students and with our Bible study discussions and with my encouraging discussions with my accountability partner who is my friends and brother in the LORD of 16 years.

Grace and peace to you,

Peter Jonathan Clegg

No comments:

Post a Comment